Friday, August 29, 2008

The Worst Ever National Day Celebration

I am very very very sorry if the title of this post is a little bit insulting, but this was come from my bottom heart, saying what I felt just now. I beg your apologize for that.
2008 National Day Celebration School Level
With this year's theme Perpaduan Teras Kejayaan, today St. Joseph Secondary School celebrated National Day school level with much havoc and chaos, which led me felt this celebration was the worst celebration ever I celebrated in my life.

Today's celebration started with all the Josephians sang the national anthem Negaraku, followed by the prayer led by me and Mr. Richard Mejin. After that was the speech delivered by Mdm Belinda Lim, our PK 1 and our pre-principal. In her speech, she emphasised on two things: unity and independence.

After the speech, the SJS History Club presented the what-so-called 'the longest cake in St. Joseph'. Luckily I (maybe) one of the luckiest students who having a piece of the cake.

After that was the presentation. For me, it was so boring because there were some students who sang on the stage, which made me felt bored. Only the drama (presented by my own classmate) and the marching band presentation made me felt very excited (Roland, ur orchestra really great. Great job for you).

But one thing that made this celebration was the worst was some student from 4G/4H making chaos at the upper seat (which was supposed to be our class' seat), jumping, dancing with the Jalur Gemilang flag. So, James Lai, Benedict Yet and I went to the lower seat so that we will not be crushed if something bad happen.

After the celebration I was wondering around school, dunno where to wait for the drama practice. At staff room, I received compliments from various teacher, especially PKHEM. Mdm Liew started calling me 'ustaz' whenever she met me. Mdm Liew and Kelvin Jong were impressed by my Arabic pronounciation, asking me where I learned it. I answered that I learn when I'm learning how to recite Quran with the correct pronounciation.

Actually, I learned it last year, because there was one program in RTM 1 channel called Qiraatul Quran. Through this program, I then learned how to pronounce Arabic letters correctly.

Syeikh 'Ali 'Abdullah Jabir (may Allah blessed him) - My Recent Favourite Recitor
As-Syeikh 'Ali bin 'Abdullah bin Solih bin 'Ali Jabir (born 1373 H, died 1426 H) was the imam at Sacred Mosque, Makkah al-Mukarramah.

He's now my main favourite recitor. My other favourite recitor were Sheikh Abdul Rahman as-Sudais, Sheikh Mahir al-Mu'ayqali, Sheikh Sa'ud as-Shuraim and Sheikh Salaah al-Budair.

This was one of the videos of Sheikh Jabir when he was leading solat Tarawih at Sacred Mosque, Makkah al-Mukarramah (sorry, no subtitles provided):


Poem Dedicated to 'The Girl'
This part of this post is the courtesy of the previous entries (see Tertanya-tanya Maksud Mimpi - Mencari Pengertian di Sebalik Mimpi and Sitting for Two Tests - The strange Dream). Now, I already know the name of the girl, but let me keep it for secret until the time comes.

Today, I dedicated this poem to that girl (if she knows about this):

1 comments:

Roland said...

La la la. They were lip-talking during the drama though. It was all recorded. =.=

Post a Comment

Apa Kata Anda...?