Saturday, August 16, 2008

Solat Hajat for St. Joe's Sixth Year Students

After delayed a day, today, solat hajat for St. Joe's sixth year students was held at Surau Darul Ibadat.
When I arrived at there at 6.30 pm, I saw a few boys already there, with their bags outside the prayer place. They were planning to sleep there for a night.

While waiting for the time of solat Maghrib (because it was already my volunteering job to call for prayer at there), I revised again my hafazan (memorization) of al-Quran. From it, I found out that I now began to forgot some parts of the memorised chapters, until I could not help referring to the al-Quran.

After giving azan for solat Maghrib, a man (a teacher from St. Joseph Primary School) seemed to know me.

"Do you live here?" he asked me.

With a shock expression, I answered, "Yes. Er... do you know me?"

"Yes, why not. Isn't you who participate the previous Karnival Islam at St. Joe, is it?"

No wonder he know me.

* * * * *
After solat Maghrib, the imam and the makmums recited Surah Yaasin and the doa for today's nisfu Syaaban for three times. I only managed to recited twice because of my throats. So I went to the toilet, and then took ablution.

After I took ablution, I took the opportunity to drink the Milo drinks prepared for today. So I was one of the eraly people who drink it. :P

* * * * *
After solat Isyak and solat Hajat, all the makmums went for dinner at a special room, while the sixth year kids outside the prayer hall.

While I was enjoying my meals, a teacher (a morning session teacher from St. Joseph Secondary School) asked me, "Do you live here, Lukhman?"

The same question by different person, an d the same expression after hearing the question.

"Yes, ma'am."

The teacher who asking me the question was the same teacher who gave compliments to me about my sermon yesterday for prayer service. According to her, for 30 years she teaching there, this was the first time a student doing that (I mean, delivering sermon in front of the students and the teachers).

Then I continued enjoying my meal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Apa Kata Anda...?