Sunday, October 05, 2008

My parents said I'm too extreme when concerning in religion. And maybe some people also think like that, but they never told me about that.

My words to them:
I do not care what label you want to give to me. You can call me extremist, terrorist, wahhabist, followers of Syiah, etc. After all, all the labels are not true, I still the follower of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jama'ah and only Allah can repay what you have done to me.

Why be so orthodox? Why be so close-minded? Didn't Islam teach us to be open-minded?

Maybe I be extreme in some aspects, please forgive me. It's my mistake.

I just following the way of Prophet Muhammad bin 'Abdullah (peace and bless be upon him), like the other Muslim scholars (in the hadith field) did. I just doing what Syeikh al-Islam Ibnu Taimiyyah did. I just want to be free from any bid'ah (innovation in religion).

Reported by Imam Abu Daud and Imam at-Tirmizi, narrated by Abu Najih al-'Irbadh bin Sariah, he said:
"The Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h) said: Stick to my sunnah (way) and the sunnah of Khulafa' al-Rasyidin (Abu Bakar, 'Umar, 'Uthman, 'Ali) who received the guidance and following it. And bite with your jaws (to my sunnah) and be far away from the new things (innovation in religion). Verily every bid'ah is astray."

People ask: "Why you didn't recite the basmalah during prayer? Isn't basmalah a part from Surah al-Fatihah (the Opening Chapter)?"

I reply: "I recite basmalah silently."

They reply: "What you did is different from the others."

I reply: "Why? I just following the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad and Khulafa' al-Rasyidin. They did the same thing."

[The evidence: Reported by Imam Muslim, narrated by Anas bin Malik, he said: "I observed prayer along with the Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h) and with Abu Bakar, 'Umar, and 'Uthman (may Allah be pleased with them), but I never heard any one of them reciting Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim loudly."]
Note: The reason why Anas did not observed prayer along with 'Ali bin Abu Talib is both of them lived at different places during the rule of 'Ali. 'Ali at Kufah, and Anas at Madinah.

So you want to say that what Rasulullah and Khulafa' al-Rasyidin did is not correct? HOW DARE YOU!!!

1 comments:

Cikli said...

salam aidil fitri dik.

reading your writings reminds me of the eighties.... my schooldays.

Post a Comment

Apa Kata Anda...?