Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My Masterpiece and The Complain

I admit, to start an introduction is always being a difficulty to all writers when they start to write new masterpiece. That’s what happened to me when I wrote today’s entry.
Ad Astra Volume 48
I’m a new student to SMK St. Joseph, Kuching. That’s the fact. Because of that, I got my copy of school magazine later than the others.

I was told by Mdm. Chin that, new students were supposed to pay RM15.00, extra RM5.00 from the original price. However, Mdm. Chin still keeps a number of school magazines for in case. So she let me to buy school magazine at the original price: RM10.00.

SMK St. Joseph has its own unique name for its school magazine. Ad Astra. I wonder what Ad Astra mean in Latin. Somebody can tell me?

My Masterpieces were
Published (At Last)
Continuation to previous part.

I’m very happy, since this is the first time my masterpiece was published. Before the end of the first semester, I sent in my three masterpieces to the department in Ad Astra Committees which are responsible for publishing students’ contributions (e.g. short stories, poems): one short story and two poems.

And I was asked by Su Xing Min, my classmate and the Ad Astra Editor (for Bahasa Melayu section) to send copies of the masterpieces a few months later.

I was so happy.

For those who have the copy of Ad Astra magazine Volume 48, you can refer to pages 172 – 177 (for the short story) and page 187 (for the poems).

But somehow, I still received the complain — about my masterpiece, since they are not well introduced to Malay Literature subject.

Most people complained that my short story is too long (6 pages). For your information, that’s already the minimum standard for short story. And after so much editing, my short story became cerpendek (cerpen pendek). =.=

If you read Dewan Sastera, the average pages for one short story is 7 – 8 pages.

I received a message from a friend of mine, Nadzmi, concerning about the short story. He said: “Pendapat: Kmk dapat rasakan yang cerpen yang ktk tulis kat majalah sekolah kebanyakannya pasal ktk sendiri.” (Translation: “Opinion: I can feel that your short story in the school magazine is mostly about yourself.”)

Nadzmi, as a writer, you also can make full use of your experience to be used in your masterpiece. Remember that.

Nadzmi, you always complained about my ways (which are different from others). That day, you complained that my prayer is too fast. Why don’t you complained about Ustaz Manaf’s prayer? His prayer is faster than mine. Even I also can’t understand what he says (because he says too fast). Now, you complained about my work?

Learn more, Nadzmi. Then you will know. You still young in literary field. (I’m not boasting myself or being a boaster).

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ad Astra per Aspera means To The Stars through difficulties

Post a Comment

Apa Kata Anda...?