Sunday, November 02, 2008

Densha Otoko - A Real-Story-Based Manga

Today was another boring Sunday for me. As usual, I just sat in front of my computer, surfing the Internet: visiting blogs of my blogger friends, checking the latest news, reading online manga etc.

Well, I was supposed to finish my school works and continue writing my short story, but then I had no good ideas to continue my short story after finishing my school works. So, I continue reading online manga, hoping that I could get some useful, interesting ideas for my prose.

Today, I found another interesting manga, that rose up my feeling and giving me good idea.


Densha Otoko (電車男). In Japanese, it means Train Man. Drawn by Hidenori Hara, this is a story of an otaku who was fell in love with a girl who was sit next to him in a train one day. On the same day, a drunken old man entered the same train, disturbing the other passengers, whose are all women. The otaku then bravely stopped the drunken man.

The girl thanked to the otaku for saving her from the harassment. To show her expression, she sent a box of Hermes cup to that otaku. The otaku was a little nervous to call that girl, but then taking his online friends' advices, he then called her. From that, they started to call each other, having dinner and sending mails. Then, the otaku realised that he really fell in love to that girl.

The reason why he got the title Densha Otoko was because of his braveness stopping the harassment in the train.

It is worth to read this manga, believe me.

For more information, you can refer to this and this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Apa Kata Anda...?